Sunday, May 29, 2011

So Long Roy High!

Dear Roy High,
Thanks for all the memories. We had some great times didn't we? Thanks for being the place where I could grow from the awkward/obnoxious tenth grader to a refined (sort of) Senior. In your halls I developed amazing friendships with friends that I am sure I will be friends with for the rest of my life. In your halls I found out who I really was and to not compare myself to other people, to be happy with who I am and to believe that I was beautiful. In your halls I learned how to flirt with cute boys and then eventually I learned how to be friends with boys and from that I have made some of the best guy friends ever. In your classrooms I learned that I could do hard things. I could pass Math 1050 and I could get a 4 on an AP test. In your classrooms I learned to value learning, I also learned that there was a time where you needed to buckle down and pay attention to the teacher and a time where you could take funky pictures with Amber Jo :) In your classrooms I learned that "your mom" and "that's what she said" jokes could be said to many other things and not be naughty. In your seminary I learned that I love the gospel! I learned that I do have my own testimony and how to strengthen it. In your seminary I learned that there were places I could go where I could get away from the world and feel peace.  On your sports fields I learned that it wasn't all about winning, sometimes it was just about being with friends. Football games were always so amazingly fun even if we were being slaughtered. In your commons I learned that sometimes if you are lucky after drivers ed the janitors play funky beats and you can dance with one of your best friends until your ride comes :)  In your dark corners I learned that I do NOT like PDA. It is actually disgusting. On your stage I learned that I love to dance, even if I am not very good at it. In your lunch room I learned how important friends were and to reach out to others that looked lonely. I have learned so many amazing lessons from you Roy High. Thanks for all of them. So long Roy High!

royhigh.gif

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Aw!! I got teary eyed. I love this. I'm so glad you aren't someone I have to say goodbye to :)

~Amber jo~ said...

AMEN! to all of it! isn't it crazy to think we are done? we're never going back there. I loved roy high and all the memories. Pretty sure i laughed out loud when you mentioned taking pictures in class and our drivers ed fun. haha those were such fun times. Thanks for sharing them with me and for mentioning them on your post. :)