Saturday, March 19, 2011

Just Imagine! :)

I have heard a lot of people talk about how much they loved their childhood and I have never really said that. I guess I haven't really had the time to just sit back and think about my childhood. So I decided to go down memory lane, and I realized that I had the greatest childhood! I have so many great memories :). The best part of it was the opportunity I had to let my mind wonder and imagine anything I wanted. One summer in 6th gradeish I made a club house. It was the coolest club house ever. It was under a tree that drooped just perfectly that it made a tent with its leaves. The best part about it is the tire swing I made. Along with a tire swing there was a slab of wood on top of some tree stubs to make a perfect table with logs around the table for chairs. It was the greatest place! I would go there all the time to read and I and my friends started a club out of it.  Another one I have is of playing house. In my old house my basement was my playground for my imagination. So many great memories!  It was unfinished but my mom put carpet down on the floors. I had a little play kitchen with a table and a dollhouse that when I wasn't playing barbies I used as shelves. Then I had my babies’ room with cute little cribs. My mom put an old computer down there and bookshelves so that was my office. I also had a play horse that I would pretend to ride to go get groceries. My garden was on the part of carpet that was brown and I took sand toys and used them as my gardening tools. Then in the next room was my weight room which was really just my dad's weights. I also had an entertainment center; I put up some tents and tunnels and made it look like a huge movie room. It was so fun. Playing down there I could be whoever I wanted to be. I could be a pioneer, someone in the Victorian era, a fashion designer, a lawyer, a teacher, a stay at home mom :). You name it I could be it! I think that was such an important part in my life to be able to imagine. I had quite the imagination with everything. It was all so much fun. I almost hated when I went into Junior High because then it became weird to play house and barbies. I loved the spring and fall nights. I still do. When the weather is just perfect it isn't too cold and it isn't too hot. It was the perfect time to play outside.  Me and my brothers’ favorite times to go outside was on windy nights. We would always jump on the trampoline and go onto our backs against the wind, for a second it would actually feel like you were flying.  My friends and I loved to have gymnastic competitions. We had events on the trampoline, ground, and then the bar on my swing set. Summer days were full of running through sprinklers and spraying each other with the hose on the trampoline.It was a blast. I should have a hang out with my friends where we do that.  I love my family! It was so much fun spending every weekend with them. My friends always had slumber parties at my house or my mom would take all of them to the movies so I spent a lot of time with my family. We also spent a lot more time with my extended family then we do now. I have cousins up in Morgan and we would always go up there every other weekend it seemed. They had a lot of property and four wheelers. It was the greatest. We would always drive four wheelers everywhere. It is so pretty up in Morgan. I always wanted to move there because there was so much to do besides just watching movies and stuff. They had a huge hill for sledding, four wheelers, and just a lot of land to just go exploring. I love my extended family! They are all my best friends. :) I miss them so much I wished that we all saw each other more. Well that is my childhood! It was nothing to fancy but wow I enjoyed it, and it had a huge part in making me into the person I am today. Thank you everyone for my amazing life!

3 comments:

~Amber jo~ said...

That sounds so dang fun! It's crazy how we had totally different lives, and yet we did a lot of similar things. Your basement sounds like a child's dream! i love imagination things like that. they were always the most fun games. thanks for sharing, it was fun to go down memory lane. :) sometimes i wish i could go back and be a kid again. those were the days...

Shaundra :) said...

I was thinking the exact same thing when I was writing about my childhood :) Everything was so easy then and there was so many things to do!

Unknown said...

This makes me want to color. Or play tag or something :)